Crystal Lake Post-Divorce Modifications Attorney

Regardless of how thoroughly a couple or family plans during a divorce, circumstances are bound to change in the future. Children grow and their needs change. Adults may lose a job, get a different job or need to move away. Military service members may be deployed. The health of an adult or child may deteriorate. There is simply no way to plan for every possible contingency.

That is why family court allows for modifications to certain orders after the divorce is finalized. Our Crystal Lake modifications attorneys can assist you with spousal maintenance, child custody, removal/relocation or child support. Please call our office at 815-261-4894 to schedule a free initial consultation.

Changing Court Orders Post-Judgment

Modification of spousal support orders is possible if one person's financial situation changes significantly enough to merit a decrease or increase in payments. Reasons you may request a spousal maintenance modification include:

  • One spouse losing a job or suffering a financial loss
  • One spouse getting a higher paying job
  • A change in the health of one spouse

Whether spousal maintenance was granted as temporary, rehabilitative or permanent, you may be able to modify the orders. If the party receiving spousal support remarries, support will be terminated.

To modify Illinois child support orders, you must demonstrate that there has been a significant change of circumstances for a parent or child. Requests for modification are often made because of:

  • A change in the child's needs
  • A change in a parent's finances
  • A parent changing jobs
  • A change in health of a parent or child

Enforcement Of Court Orders

If you are not receiving court-ordered spousal maintenance or child support, a lawyer can petition for an order of enforcement. We also represent people who have had enforcement actions taken against them unjustly.

Contact Our McHenry County Court Order Enforcement Attorneys

To schedule a free consultation, please call 815-261-4894 or contact us online.